Hot water is something we don’t think about until we no longer have access to it. When our hot water heaters malfunction, our access to hot water is jeopardized and we are left to shower in the cold. Unless you prefer freezing in the shower first thing in the morning, you understand just how valuable hot water is. Luckily for you, All Purpose Plumbing understands this too, which is why we offer professional water heater repair, installation, and maintenance services throughout the Lakewood, WA area!
Looking to upgrade to a tankless unit? We can help!
Signs You Need Water Heater Repairs
Most traditional water heaters can last up to 10 years. When a water heater functions for any longer, you can expect to need professional repair services. Some of the most common indicators that it’s time for water heater repairs include:
- Scorching Hot Water: The only thing worse than a cold shower is one that is unbearably hot. Sometimes, a broken thermostat can affect the temperature of our water and leave us with scorching water that is too hot to enjoy. This can become a serious hazard, especially in a household with young children.
- No Hot Water: Perhaps one of the most common signs that it’s time for professional water heater repair services is the lack of hot water completely. This can be caused by a faulty motor, broken thermostat, or other factors. If you have lost access to hot water, give us a call.
- Unit Is Older Than 10: As we stated before, most units tend to have a lifespan of up to 10 years. After the 10 year mark, you can expect to need repairs to keep your unit up and running.
- Leaks: If your water heater tank is leaking, it’s definitely time for repair or replacement services. Leaks caused by corrosion, loose valves, or other factors can create extensive water damage within your home. If you notice a leaky water heater, it’s important to call a professional water heater service company right away.
Because your water heater plays such an integral role in your daily routine, scheduling water heater repairs quickly is essential. At the first sign of any of the symptoms above, be sure to reach out to our expert plumbing contractors.
Benefits of Professional Water Heater Installation
In some cases, the most logical thing to do is to get a complete water heater replacement. This way, you can avoid frequent repairs and feel confident in knowing you can have ten plus years without having to worry about it.
Modern water heaters are made to be more efficient than traditional water heaters, thus saving you money on energy bills. Some of the additional benefits in investing in a new, high-efficiency water heater include:
- Low Maintenance: Compared to older models, modern water heaters require a lot less maintenance. These models are designed with efficiency in mind resulting in a less frequent need for repairs.
- Eco-Friendly: High-efficiency water heaters contribute to reducing your carbon footprint as well. They require less energy and produce less greenhouse emissions than their traditional counterparts.
- Decreased Water Waste: Newer water heaters require less water to operate since most don’t have storage tanks. This will significantly lower your water bill, therefore, saving you money in the long run.
- Durability: New models tend to have a longer life expectancy and can last up to 25 years compared to their counterparts that hold an average life span of ten years.
Want to see what your neighbors are saying? Take a look at our customer reviews!
The Importance of Ongoing Maintenance
Just like any other system within your home, owning a water heater requires upkeep. The best way to prolong the life of your water heater is to schedule professional water heater maintenance services. Routine water heater maintenance will ensure that no leaks go undetected and that your system is running efficiently as possible.